Thursday, May 5, 2016

Texas Cutout

This was one of the first DK WoodWorks projects (before DKWWs was a thing).  I basically was just playing around with a scroll saw I got for free and borrowed the idea from Steve Ramsey of WoodWorking for MereMortals.  If you are into wood working and haven't checked out Steve's Youtube channel you are missing out (https://www.youtube.com/user/stevinmarin)

When I first started playing around with woodworking ,I used to go around on trash day looking for scrap wood in the neighborhood.  You can sometimes find some pretty nice wood if you get lucky.  That is exactly what I did here.  Once I had enough wood, I glued each strip of wood onto a piece of plywood.  Then I traced the Texas outline onto my glued up panel and cut it out on the scroll saw.  Pretty easy project and great for a first project.  If you have a jigsaw or a band saw, these are even easier.  You can also use this technique for just about any shape you want!  These make great gifts or cheap items to sell!

No comments:

Post a Comment